I hear this question a lot: “What social media platform should my small business be on?” Well, according to recent research by G/O Digital, 68% of people answered yes when asked if they have used social media to find info about a local business in the last 12 months and 73% said they expect a local business to have a presence on Facebook. So if the question is “where are my potential customers?” it seems the answer is most probably “on Facebook.” If you’re a small business owner and you’re reading this, my guess is that you have tried Facebook advertising and like most small business owners, you’ve had little to no return on your investment and given up, or worse, you’re still dropping hundreds or thousands of dollars down the tube with very little results. But perhaps you’ve already heard that it doesn’t work, or it’s a waste of money, so you have never even tried it out. Let’s talk about some more numbers…
- There are over 1.39 billion monthly active Facebook users, and the trend is a 13% increase year-over-year.
- The average American now spends 4o minutes a day checking their Facebook News Feed – more time than they spend caring for pets, on personal emails, or on household snail mail.
- The average American checks their Facebook page 11-15 times a day!
- 60% of consumers visit your Facebook page before your website or store front building.
- 80% say they are more likely to trust your business if they find a reputable and up-to-date presence on Facebook.
- 63% say that Facebook is the most important and most useful way to find out the most important aspects of your business.
- 29% said that interacting with a local business on Facebook makes them more likely to visit their website/mobile site
- 21% said they would be more likely to regularly check out products, prices and sales from that business both online and in-store.
- 58% of consumers engage with a Facebook ad at least once before spending money with a small business.
But of course all those numbers don’t actually connect you with your customers, right? Well, that’s where we come in. There are certainly ways to make Facebook advertising work for you. And we know those secrets! We can help you connect with your potential customers at a rate you are comfortable with financially. And here’s one more number that you might be shocked by: Most small business owners spend an average of 20 hours a week on marketing their business. What if there was a way to have someone else do that for you? What if you had 20 additional hours to do all the other things that need to be done in your business? Now those are some numbers I bet you can get behind!